The Tourism Department of the Spanish Embassy in India organized a virtual press conference for the Indian market on April 20. Elisa Robles Fraga, Director – Tourist Office of Spain in Mumbai, India, presented the tourism offerings and highlighted the top 10 reasons to visit Spain once the borders open.
She also shared the post-pandemic plans, protocols and guidelines, health and safety aspects that would make Spain a safe destination to visit. The conference also highlighted the recent launch of the âReactivaturâ website to facilitate assistance to the Spanish tourism sector, as well as the preparation of a sustainable tourism strategy, 2020-2030.
Spain is among the top three destinations in the world for tourist arrivals, in 2019 Spain welcomed 83 million visitors and from India 210,000 travelers.
âAs we all know, 2020 has been a difficult year for all destinations, however, Spain is convinced that after the pandemic we will regain lost ground. We are launching a sustainable tourism strategy and are currently in the process of undertaking various promotional steps including social media initiatives, business activations and various other promotions, so that once international travel resumes Spain is ready to welcome visitors again, âshe said.
Why Spain should be on your bucket list
- Spanish cuisine is incredibly varied. The quality, creativity and above all the flavor of Spanish cuisine have earned it international fame and today it is one of the country’s main tourist attractions. Spain brings both tradition and innovation to its cuisine.
- Culture and Heritage in Spain: Did you know that Spain is the country with the third highest number of UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world? Spain has a unique and spectacular wealth of monuments, with more than 15,600 monuments, archaeological sites, gardens and historical complexes that have been declared properties of cultural interest (BIC).
- The history of Spain is extremely valuable and remains of the different civilizations, cultures and historical eras that have evolved on Spanish territory. There are a variety of phenomena with deep historical roots and diversity that have made Spain a unified state in modern European history.
- With fascinating nature and landscapes, Spain embodies natural diversity and has more UNESCO Biosphere Reserves than any other country in the world. In Spain you can find mountains, forests and valleys; as well as volcanoes, dunes and desert areas, marshes, lakes, cliffs, waterfalls, canyonsâ¦ A unique and precious nature that needs and must be maintained.
- One of the best parts of any trip is taking the time to plan where to go, what to see and, of course, where to sleep. Spain offers accommodation to suit all budgets. Choose from luxury hotels, rural houses, unique accommodations, serviced apartments, tourist apartments, youth hostels and campsites.
- If you are passionate about sports, you will simply love Spain. Of course, football, one of the most striking and important sports in the country, but imagine, thousands of kilometers of hiking and biking trails, beaches perfect for surfing and diving, equestrian routes along the coast.
- Spain ranks 7th in the world for infrastructure with the largest network of state-of-the-art air, sea and land infrastructure according to the Global Competitiveness Report (World Economic Forum); as well as the DESI 2019 report (Digital Economy and Society Index) which ranks Spain eighth among the countries best prepared for the deployment of 5G technology.
- With sufficient guarantee measures in place, Spain has 21 specific tourist protocol guides for different types of businesses with technical and health recommendations for safety.
- Spain is a country with an increasing level of awareness of environmental protection. The country maintains an active attitude towards the protection of the global environment, subscribing to numerous agreements for the global protection of nature and to protocols to combat climate change and pollution. Spain is aiming for a long-term sustainable tourism strategy by 2030.